U.S. Deal Market Continues to Thrive On Healthcare and Utilities Deals
Morgan Stanley took the top spot from Goldman, Sachs for deals among investment banks and Kirkland & Ellis claimed the top counsel to companies this quarter.
"The third quarter was another strong one for
The Deal compiled its exclusive
- Among investment banks, Morgan Stanley came in first with 92 deals. Goldman, Sachs & Co. was second with 70 deals. JPMorgan Securities LLC was third, with 67 deals.
- Among law firms, Kirkland & Ellis LLP was the top counsel to companies, with 90 deals. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP was second with 75 deals. Latham & Watkins LLP ranked third with 63 deals.
- Among Delaware firms, Richards, Layton & Finger PA came in first with 42 deals. Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP was second with 23 deals. Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP ranked third with 14.
- Among PR firms, Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher was first with 72 transactions. Sard Verbinnen & Co. was second with 48 transactions. Brunswick Group LLP ranked third with 25 transactions.
- Among proxy solicitors, Innisfree M&A Inc. was involved in 28 deals. D.F. King & Co. ranked second with 24 deals. MacKenzie Partners Inc. came in third with 19 deals.
About The Deal's M&A League Tables
Rankings include the names of lead M&A and/or corporate partners at law firms that represented principals and investment advisers. Only deals involving a change of control at a target company with a market value of $100 million or more are included, and only when a key party involved is a U.S. company. Unless the target is a recognized stand-alone operating business, rankings will not include asset sales, unit sales, sales of subsidiaries, spin-offs or joint ventures. Deals with undisclosed transactions values are not eligible. The Deal's M&A League Tables, which come out each quarter, are cumulative across the year.
About The Deal
The Deal (www.thedeal.com) provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control to institutional investors, private equity, hedge funds and the firms that serve them. The Deal is a business unit of
Contact: Jon Kostakopoulos, 212-321-5561, Jon.Kostakopoulos at thestreet.com
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-deal-market-continues-to-thrive-on-healthcare-and-utilities-deals-300528724.html
SOURCE TheStreet, Inc.
News Provided by Acquire Media